Thousands of vehicular accidents caused by faulty brakes could have been avoided if the car owners were only sensitive enough to notice that their vehicles are already in need of brake repair. We at Econo Lube N’Tune & Brake know this fact all too well as we have been in the automotive aftercare industry since 1973. We have helped countless clients travel safely by providing expert maintenance services including brake repair in San Antonio and nearby areas. Our center boasts not only of outstanding automotive services but friendly and professionally run facilities as well.
What is Brake Repair Service?
A brake repair service is a process of addressing issues related to your vehicle’s brake system. Note that this system is more than just the pedal that you step on but is composed of numerous interlocking components that work together to ensure that you can stop your car when needed. The most common brake repair services include the following:
- Brake pad replacement – this type of service is recommended every time your car hits 20,000 miles to ensure your safety.
- Brake line replacement – your vehicle’s brake line needs to be repaired or replaced when it gets punctured considering that even a pin-sized hole can cause contamination of the brake fluid which will eventually affect the entire brake system.
- Master cylinder replacement – while this component is meant to last throughout the vehicle’s life, there are times when it encounters a problem and needs to be replaced.
- Bleeding the brake lines – this service is composed of draining old brake fluid to replace with new fluid when the brake lines have air bubbles or when dirt entered the brake system.
How Do You Know When Your Brakes are Going Bad?
Below are the signs that you should not ignore as they warn you that there is something wrong with your car’s brake system. Considering its impact on your safety, never ignore these warning signs but call automotive professionals like us immediately to help you out:
- Your car’s red or yellow brake indicators on your dashboard turn on.
- You hear metallic squeaking or grinding noises when you apply the brakes.
- You feel shaking or vibrations on the steering wheel when braking.
- Your brake fluid is leaking.
- Your brake pedal sinks all the way to the car floor when braking.
- Your car emits a burning smell when you apply brakes.
What Happens When You Delay Brake Repair Servicing?
Failure to immediately send your vehicle for brake repair when all signs point to serious brake issues can be costly. You need to spend more on repair or replacement considering that the delay will cause more serious car issues. More importantly, delaying brake servicing will put you, your family, and other passengers at serious risk.
If you want to ensure that your car’s brake system and other mechanisms are functioning efficiently, trust us at Econo Lube N’Tune & Brake. Apart from carrying out expert brake repair in San Antonio area, we are also regarded as a “one-stop shop” for various automotive maintenance and repair needs. Call our friendly customer representative today for more information and free evaluation.Brake Repair San Antonio
View Larger Map